FastestVPN: A Detailed Overview – 2024
FastestVPN: What Are Its Strong and Weak Points?
The primary purpose of this FastestVPN review is to determine its utility in crucial aspects like speed, security, availability of kill switch, streaming capacity, and so on. Its performance on all these and many other fronts will decide whether or not FastestVPN is a wise bet to make.
Strengths of FastestVPN
Let’s find out where this VPN excels. We have analyzed the tool itself and multiple FastestVPN reviews to develop the below-listed opinions.
Security is one of the significant strengths of FastestVPN as it offers protection at par. You will get the advantage of an Encryption Standard (256 bits), protocols like IKEv2, L2TP, SSTP, TCP, and UDP, an in-built kill switch, zero DNS leak, and commendable protection against WebRTC leak.
Its performance at the speed front is of a moderate kind. We won’t call it exceptional, yet it’s not of below grade. It’s natural to face a particular dip in speed after connecting with a VPN. During our testing, the upload speed dropped by nearly 20%. It was the download speed that dipped significantly. We faced around a 45% reduction in the FastestVPN download speed.
Regarding ping speed, there was a negligible difference as our ping speed, which was 29ms on Mac before using the FastestVPN, remained the same after its deployment.
It stands second to none when it comes to devising compatibility, as it can work on nearly 20 kinds of devices. You can use FastestVPN FireStick services alongside Windows, Android, iOS, MACXbox, Roku, PS4, Kodi, Linux, and many more configurations. You can make it work on 10 connections simultaneously with unlimited bandwidth.
All your concerns are well taken care of at FastestVPN, as its live chat support is available around the clock. There is a detailed FAQ page on the website and impressive email support as well.
Weaknesses of FastestVPN
We all have weaknesses, as no one is perfect. FastestVPN is no exception. Here are the fronts where it fails to impress us.
- Split tunneling is limited as users can’t use it on public and private networks simultaneously. However, they can still enjoy impressive split tunneling separately.
- There is no free trial as well. The VPN compensates it with a 15-day money-back guarantee.
- Streaming is also restricted. You can only unblock FastestVPN Netflix services (a few libraries) and HBO Max.
After comparing both the perks and loopholes, we figured out that the benefits of FastestVPN outweigh its demerits. FastestVPN not connecting is never the case for most of the countries you might want to connect to. As it’s an affordable affair, there is no harm in giving it a try.
Quick Insights Table – FastestVPN
Zero Logs Policy implemented rightly
AES 256-bit encryption
Servers spread across 40+ countries in 50+ FastestVPN locations
Streaming & Netflix
Torrents & P2P
24/7 live Customer Support service, Email Support, FAQ
Free – Trial version
$2.49 a month when billed annually
How to Set Up FastestVPN on Popular Devices?
FastestVPN works on almost every device. Phone, laptop, router, Kodi, FireStick, and many more; you name it, and FastestVPN is compatible with it. Let’s find out ways to make it work on these devices. No matter which device you own, the first thing is getting the right subscription.
FastestVPN on Phone
- Download the respective app from the Play Store.
- Complete the installation.
- Connect with the desired server and start using it.
Note: You can use the FastestVPN OpenVPN protocol method to configure it for Android.
- For this, you must install the OpenVPN Connect App from Google Play Store first.
- Download the OpenVPN TCP and UDP configuration files as a zipped folder.
- Unzip these folders and move them to your internal space for use.
- Go to the ‘file’ tab in the OpenVPN Connect App and locate the above folders to establish the UDP or TCP connection.
- Click ‘import’ and select your desired server from the list of FastestVPN countries.
- To save this profile after import, give it a title and enter your FastestVPN credentials.
- Click ‘OK’ to establish the connection.
FastestVPN on Windows/Linux/Mac
- Activate your individual subscription and get the relevant OS app from the official page of FastestVPN
- Complete the app setup, connect with the server, and you’re ready.
FastestVPN on Chrome or Firefox
- Open the browser on which you want to activate the FastestVPN proxy.
- On the right-hand side, click on the three-dot sign and look for the ‘Extension’ option.
- Browse for FastestVPN and complete the setup.
- Connect to the extension and pick a suitable server.
The Final Verdict
There is no measure set for the highest speed intensity of a VPN. But we can say one thing: FastestVPN has a decent speed with very few glitches. So, it serves its purpose well.
So if you’re looking for a pocket-friendly and simple VPN, the FastestVPN is the right choice to make. It surely wins our hearts with impressive security features and compatibility with almost every leading device. But don’t let its name deceive you, as it’s certainly not the fastest VPN in the market. The FastestVPN speed is decent but not the highest out of all. Expect several glitches, drops, and connection failures. All in all, it’s a great choice to make. We will give it a 9/10 rating.
- The best VPNs 2024
- ExpressVPN vs IPVanish 2024 Review: Which Is Better?
- NordVPN vs Private Internet Access (PIA) 2024: Are They Safe to Use?
It disappoints on this front. But there is a 15-day money-back guarantee that gives ultimate peace of mind. So, if you don’t like it, which is a rarity, you can claim the money back.