The Internet Health Test: What is It and How to Perform It?
Just as we humans have to look after our health to enjoy life and live longer, it’s wise to pay attention to internet health if you don’t want to wait for a page to reload or a video to play. The better is the internet health, seamless is the browsing experience.
Before we dive deeper into the topic of the article, let VPNWelt warn you: to be completely secure on the internet, you will need the help of the best VPN service.
You probably don’t have time to learn all the details about VPN services but want to know which one is the best for you. Here are six trustworthy VPNs I can recommend to you, depending on the scope of use of each of them.
- Best VPN overall: NordVPN
- Best value for money: CyberGhost
- Cheapest annual subscription: PIA
- Best for streaming: Surfshark
- Best premium VPN: ExpressVPN
- Largest country selection: VeePN
For more information, see our picks for the best VPNs here.
What Is A Healthy Internet And How Can You Test It?
A healthy internet refers to having internet access that is not limited in terms of speed or control. The user is granted full freedom while being present online. However, such internet access exists rarely. Mostly, the browsing experience is limited with the help of throttling. It is tough to find out whether or not the internet you’re using is healthy.
To figure this out, one has to take up an Internet connection Health Test or speed test.
There are tech-infused online tools that you may find out by trying keywords like ‘test my internet health’ to find reliable ones quickly.
These tools are designed to calculate multiple metrics like speed, connection availability, and so on to figure out how healthy the internet service is. With them, you can also figure out the presence of bandwidth throttling imposed by the ISP.
Why Is the Internet Health Test Important?
Awareness towards performing Internet Health Tests increases the credibility of internet delivery. The more people will take the test, the more compelled ISPs will be to provide a better internet experience.
The content will be offered without restrictions, speed would be of great intensity, and browsing will be without ads. Performing Internet Health Test allows end-users to ensure they are getting everything for what they are paying.
What Is Net Neutrality And How to Detect Its Violations?
Net Neutrality refers to the idea of using the internet and offering content without any restrictions and blocking. Paid or free; both kinds of internet services should be offered like that only. However, ISP rarely adheres to this practice.
Some of the most common activities blocked by ISPs include the use of P2P services, video streaming, and tethering applications.
If you want to make most of the internet service, it’s crucial to figure out the intensity of net neutrality. The Internet Health Test does this job. It helps you figure out whether or not the ISP’s interconnections are congested with multiple other networks.
Here, by other networks, we mean networks used for hosting famous services and content. The congestion of Open internet interconnection is a major issue these days as most ISPs use it as a tactic to fetch more subscribers and payments from different service providers.
Not only is the content accessibility restricted, but the speed is also below the standard. Because of this, end-users fail to get most of the invested amount.
The more frequently this test is performed, the heavier will be the data collected on the interconnection congestions. This data supports Battle For The Net and Net Neutrality supporters to spot the intensity of congestion and will force ISPs to provide a better internet experience.
How to Improve Your Browsing Experience?
We all want to have an amazing browsing experience wherein every content is easily accessible and speed is amazing. However, such internet experience exists only in dreams which shatters immediately as soon as you try out the internet connection stability test for your connection.
Thinking about how to test stability of internet connection?
Well, the health test can also test internet connection stability. And if it’s bad, we have some viable tips to improve your current browsing experience and make it near to top-notch.
- The router is the route that the internet connection takes to reach you. If there is any issue with the router then your browsing experience is going to be ruined for sure. Make sure you’re using an updated router and placing it at an appropriate location, free from any restrictions.
- Allowing cookies cuts down the time to access a website or content that has been browsed previously. If privacy is not much of a concern, grant access to cookies and enjoy better speed and accuracy.
- Pop-up ads will consume the bytes and slow down the internet speed. They also kill the browser. So, if you don’t want any nuisance then block pop-up ads.
- To make sure that your Wi-Fi has extended reach and is accessible from a long distance, we would suggest using a Wi-Fi extender. It will boost up the Wi-Fi router’s reach and speed.
- If the cache storage is full, your device and browser will crash and degrade your internet experience. So, don’t let them be full.
You’re paying for internet services and ISPs don’t have the right to stop you from making most of your invested money. With the help of the Internet speed Health Test, you can check the test for internet stability. The more people will take this test, the better internet services will become. So, test the internet connection stability with the help of Health Test and make the world a better place.
- Anonymous Internet Browsing: Is it Even Possible?
- 5 Best Free VPN Services (Verified and Tested in 2022)
- Data Breaches of 2021 and what makes them Silent Killers
- Are VPNs Legal? Your Rights to Using VPNs Explained 2022
The data gathered by the Internet Health Test is stored in the public domain. The domain is managed by M-Lab, a highly famed network measurement platform designed to manage multiple open-source and reproductive Internet science.
Representatives of Net Neutrality and Battle For The Net can access this data anytime from M-lab and use it as viable evidence for their fight.