Keep Threat At Bay – Best 5 Antivirus for Android
If you look beyond the user-friendliness of Android, you will learn that Android is one of the easiest targets for cyberpunks. No strict policies for Google Play Store, auto-permissions for location tracking, Android’s open-source nature, and extensive fragmentation in terms of software versions and updates are a few reasons that make this mobile OS a little weak when it comes to web protection.
The only possible way out of this situation is to use the best antivirus app for Android. This one technology holds so much potential that it can help you detect malicious apps, provide strong anti-theft protection, and keep user data away from the reach of cyber actors.
The bitter truth is that every best free antivirus for Android mobile app, or even the paid one, does not have the courage and capabilities to make it happen. This type of robust security for Android is only possible when you’ve your hands on the best Android antivirus tool. We have five options for you. Continue reading to learn further details.
A Quick Android Antivirus Guide For Those Pressed for Time
Want to know what is the best antivirus for Android but running out of time? This crisp overview is of great help.
- TotalAV – Best antivirus for Android phones as it comes with next-gen cloud scanning, quarantines malicious files, promotes anonymous browsing, and can optimize memory.
- Avira – Protects Android devices with app lock, memory optimization, free VPN, and network scanner. It is the best free antivirus for Android, which can even protect the device’s camera.
- Norton – A dependable Android antivirus with advanced capabilities like device scan reports, SMS protection, app advisor, and malware protection.
- Bitdefender – Best antivirus app for Android devices like smartphones and tablets; minimal impacts on phone battery and prevents identity theft.
- McAfee – A great alternative to Avast Mobile Security that comes with identity protection and real-time malware detection. VPN connectivity on Wi-Fi, browsing safely on Android devices, and protecting up to 5 devices at a time.
Why Do You Need an Antivirus App for Android?
Using the best antivirus software is a smart move if you have an Android device. It will help you to:
- Get rid of viruses and malware that can steal identity data and corrupt the system files.
- Reduce the frequency of phishing attacks that can lead to identity theft.
- Access an unsecured WiFi network with the least possible risks.
- Remain safe even if you’re using some outdated software.
- Operate an Android device with rooting. An Android security app will provide an extra bout of Android security.
- Detect and stay away from apps with malicious files in the Google Play Store.
- Keep the risks of device theft on the lower side with an app lock.
- Making transactions on unsecured networks a safe job.
- Boost the mediocre Android device security with added encryption, VPN, malware protection, and other security features.
Things To Keep In Mind While Choosing the Best Antivirus for Android
Are you planning to enjoy top-notch security for Android? You’ve to have your hands on the best antivirus app for Android, and this is how you can achieve it.
- Pay attention to the security features offered. Some of the most negotiable features are malware detection, real-time scanning, app scanning, web protection, anti-phishing, and more.
- You must know about the real-time protection of the Android security app. Pick an app with high ratings, great independent lab test results, and a better market presence.
- A good antivirus app should not significantly slow down your device or consume too much battery.
- The Android security app you will pick should be easy to configure, free on the Google Play Store, and come with an intuitive user interface.
- The best antivirus app for Android is the app that offers regular updates to keep up with the evolving threat landscape.
- Have a look at extra security features such as anti-theft protection, privacy scanning, app lock, call blocking, and more.
- An antivirus app that offers a trial period is a great option, allowing you to test the app’s real-time protection and performance.
Top 5 Best Antivirus Software in 2023
Let’s come to the point and discuss the most crucial question here, ‘Which is the best antivirus for Android?’ in detail.
#1 – TotalAV
The TotalAV antivirus app lets you keep your Android device with the best possible security features. From keeping junk files at bay to automatic scans, this antivirus app can do wonders. It could be your family VPN and antivirus app.
TotalAV can protect up to 5 devices in one go. It brings the desktop-grade performance on your Android mobile phones and makes the internet safe.
- Memory optimization that helps you eliminate storage-clogging files
- WiFi protections
- Free VPN
- Schedule automatic scans
- Tune-up features
- Compatible with other devices as well
- WebShield for added protection
- Compatible with leading operating systems
- Advanced mobile security
- Anti-theft features
- Web filters are missing
- Monthly cost – $9.95 per month (12 month)
- $14.99 (13+ months)
- Annual – $119(1st renewal)
- $159 (2nd renewal)
#2 – Avira
Avira antivirus is a great Android antivirus software to own when you want to experience security, compatibility, and performance. It’s capable of keeping away tons of malicious threats and files from your Android device.
- Network scanner
- Web Protection
- App lock feature
- Pass Lock Password
- Camera and microphone protections
- Permission manager
- It can block up to 350,000 threats
- Privacy advisor that guides you
- Antivirus Scanner keeps threats at bay
- Support any Android version above Android 6
- No live chat features
- Avira Antivirus Pro – $18.99/First year
- Avira Prime – $44.99/First year
- Avira Internet Security – $24.99/First-year
#3 – Norton
A feature-rich antivirus app, a free download from the Google Play Store, protection for messaging apps, anti-theft tools, and anomaly detection are some of the facilities you will experience with the Norton antivirus app. This is why it’s a great alternative to ESET mobile security.
- Dedicated apps for Android and iOS devices
- Secure browser, app, SMS, MMS, Email, and social networking sites
- Suspicious network detection
- App Advisor
- Stops unwanted eavesdropping on network
- Norton mobile security is powered by cyber intelligence
- Provides a security audit report
- Analysis of malicious links and sites
- Consumes only 50 MB of Android device storage space
- No free version
- AntiVirus Plus – $19.99/First year
- Standard – $39.99/First year
- Delux – $49.99/First year
- Standard+LifeLock – $99.99/First year
#4 – Bitdefender
Bitdefender mobile security is what you can start using when you’re looking for an alternative to Kaspersky mobile antivirus and advanced security features like anti-theft features, WiFi protection, app lock, and many more. It stands out among the best antivirus apps because of its upgraded security.
- App anomaly detection
- Real-time scams alert
- Bitdefender Autopilot
- Link-based scans
- Free VPN awards 200 MB/day
- Can remotely locate an Android device with an anti-theft feature
- Has minimal impacts on battery life
- Free live support
- Malware scanner
- Its Android app can’t block ads
- Bitdefender Total Security – $35.99
- Bitdefender Internet Security – $32.99
- Bitdefender Antivirus Plus – $19.99
#5 – McAfee
McAfee mobile security is the best antivirus software for Android because we loved how it managed to keep all sorts of leading threats with full accuracy. You can use it blindly if you own an Android device 7.0 Nougat and above. There is a free version as well. But you’ve to be ready to experience multiple ads with it.
- Safe browsing
- Malware infections
- Unlimited VPN
- System scans
- Identity monitoring
- Built-in OS-level protection
- It can track each app’s data usage
- URL screener
- Offers storage cleaner
- VPN feature is not free
- McAFee+ Ultimate – $159.99/year
- McAFee+ Advanced – $79.99/year
- McAFee+ Premium – $54.99/year
How to Install an Antivirus on Android Device
Installing antivirus software on your Android device is easy, provided you use the best option with a user-friendly interface. Let’s understand the process using TotalAV, the best free antivirus app for Android.
- Go to the Google Play Store and look for the Total AV antivirus app.
- Click on Install.
- Once installed, enter your email address and password to get started.
Free Antivirus Android: Is It Worth the Risk?
While you can experience basic security features like mobile security, malware detection, virus protection, and phishing detection without spending a single penny, you can’t experience top-notch Android security with this.
In a world of cyber vulnerabilities, you must look beyond customary protection, which even the best free Antivirus app fails to provide. There are no advanced features like real-time protection, app lock, privacy tools, and additional security layers.
Great nuisance comes from the ads and upselling of free Android antivirus apps. Free antivirus software even has a high false positive rate and lower real-time detection.
Free antivirus tools also have limited support, less frequent updates, and substantial privacy concerns.
So, avoiding an antivirus free and getting the best-paid antivirus for Android is better. There are many affordable options in the market. You can also get a freemium version for better peace of mind.
Popular Antivirus Services for Android to Avoid
In a quest to bring you the best antivirus for Android smartphones, we reviewed and analyzed hundreds of Android antivirus apps. Some were offering average security features, while many were exceptional.
There were some Android antivirus software that were above average but were not able to meet our expectations. These were:
- Malwarebytes, as we were unhappy with how it consumes excessive battery and reduces battery life.
- Trend Micro impressed us with independent lab test results and features like app lock, WiFi protection, malware protection, etc. But, investing $30 a year for Trend Micro mobile security is not what we prefer.
- Kaspersky mobile antivirus is great when it comes to removing junk files. However, there are no security audits, call blockers, and security reports for newly installed apps. There is a huge comparison between its free version and the paid version.
How We Tested the Best Android Antivirus Apps
Finding the best Android antivirus apps is difficult, and many aspects should be considered. So, we rolled up our sleeves and brought the best options for you.
- We check the installation and set-up process of the Android antivirus app. We analyzed how much time the installation took and how complex the setup was.
- We checked the best Android antivirus apps for at least 3 months and reviewed the type of viruses they can scan and the percentage of false positive results.
- We carefully reviewed the type of scans the under-reviewed Android antivirus apps can perform. Is it all about web protection or malware protection? Can the app scan system files, running processes, and critical areas? Is there a boot-time scan offered? Are custom scans available?
- We go above and beyond and look to independent lab results for more details.
In an era of privacy and serious security concerns, you can‘t choose an OS just because it’s user-friendly or has many features for free. Android users now start looking beyond this.
To avoid security hassle and enjoy better mobile security, malware protection on Android, and more security features, it’s better to use the best Antivirus for Android apps.
The kind of unbeatable security for Android this technology brings is enough to remain safe and keep viruses and malware at a safe distance. With careful review and results of independent security labs, we managed to bring a list of the best antivirus scanners for this operating system.
What’s your take on this? Share your feedback with us.
- 5 Best VPN for Android That Work in 2023
- 5 Best VPN for iPhone That 100% Work in 2023
- How To Block YouTube Ads on Android – Learn The Best Ways
You can use an Android antivirus app to conduct extensive Android scans. Install the app, select the scan type, schedule the scan, and get immediate web protection.