VyprVPN Review: How Reliable Is VyprVPN? 
What is VyprVPN?
VyprVPN is owned by a Swiss-based company Golden Frog, so I guess you could also call this a Golden Frog VPN review. Since its founding, which was in response to the Room 641A incident, the company has been adamant about providing privacy and security to all its users and offering free and open internet access to all.
The founders chose Switzerland as their location because this country is known for fighting for internet privacy and security. Although locations such as the British Virgin Islands are among the best jurisdictions for a VPN provider, Switzerland comes in a close second.
Pros and Cons
There’s no such thing as a perfect VPN provider, and while VyprVPN comes very close to perfection, it still has pros and cons.
Through my VyprVPN audit, these are the results I’ve gotten.
- No DNS leaks
- Zero logs policy
- Excellent encryption protocols
- Great speed
- Netflix access
- Payments aren’t anonymous
- More expensive than the competitors
VyprVPN has numerous helpful features. It has an extensive network of servers in over 70 countries worldwide, a user-friendly VyprVPN Cloud that offers an additional layer of security, reliable DNS protection, and so much more.
One of the most exciting things is that VyprVPN has developed a new Chameleon technology that can help you bypass internet censorship.
So, in short, some of VyprVPN’s most useful features include:
- Chameleon: This featured protocol helps it to surpass multiple kinds of VPN blocking software. Because of this feature only, this VPN works in China.
- VyprVPN Cloud: A high-end server development solution offering an added protection layer while trying to access several cloud servers. This feature is available for platforms like DigitalOcean, Amazon Web Services (AWS), and VirtualBox.
- Self-hosted DNS: VyprVPN comes with its very own DNS that keeps your network out of reach of any kind of middleman attacks.
- Kill Switch: This feature automatically blocks active internet connection and traffic once the VPN is disconnected and keeps your crucial private information secure. It efficiently safeguards peer-to-peer traffic as well.
- No-logging policy: As per this feature, none of the users’ data is saved on the server and exposed to the malicious world of the internet. It ensures better online safety.
- High-end encryption: The high-end encryption of VyprVPN comes with an unmodified OpenVPN 256-bit protocol. Along with this, AES-256-GCM, SHA384 HMAC, and TLS-ECDHE-RSA-2048 are other encryption that it follows rigorously.
- 5 simultaneous connections: VyprVPN can work on five connections at a time.
- Unlimited switching between servers: Switch as many servers as you want while using VyprVPN. It would be quick and smooth.
VyprVPN Security: Is VyprVPN Safe?
If you were wondering if VyprVPN is safe, you’d have nothing to worry about. There were no IP or DNS leaks in all my tests, and I could browse the web entirely and safely. To protect your privacy, VyprVPN uses the OpenVPN protocol by default, and you also have access to L2TP, PPTP, IPSec, and 256-bit AES.
With their trademarked Chameleon technology, VyprVPN scrambles your metadata and protects you against Deep Packet Inspection (DPI). This allows you unrestricted use of a VPN, as it’s next to impossible for others to determine whether you’re using a VPN connection or not.
If you’re an individual client, then you must be happy using VyprVPN, as you will enjoy impeccable protection against DNS leaks. Also, the bundles kill switches trim down the odds of data leaks when a VPN connection is feeble.
VyprVPN has a Connection Per App feature, often known as split tunneling. Using this feature, you can decide via which app the traffic should be routed. Sadly, VyprVPN lacks port forwarding. There is no support at this time.
How to Use VyprVPN
Using VyprVPN is a cakewalk as it comes with a simplified interface. All you need is a free VyprVPN account. Here are the steps that one needs to follow to use VyprVPN.
- Sign up for free for VyprVPN and download it.
- Launch the respective application on the preferred device.
- Choose the server that you want to get connected to and browse secretly.
Seeing how adamant the company is about internet privacy, it seems silly to ask whether VyprVPN keeps logs? They have a zero-logs policy that ensures your data is completely protected.
VyprVPN does not log your IP address, and there are no logs about your traffic connection start and stop times.
VyprVPN had an independent audit to verify its zero-log policy in 2018, and the audit confirmed that VyprVPN indeed doesn’t keep any user data.
A thing that was most surprising to me was how fast VyprVPN actually is. It’s comparable to some of the leading VPN providers and offers excellent download and upload speeds.
⇒ Testing on its EU servers, VyprVPN allowed over 70 Mbps download and over 30 Mbps upload speed.
⇒ US and Asian servers performed slightly worse, clocking in around 50 Mbps for download and 10 Mbps for upload.
⇒ On the Canada server (VPN for Canada), the speed was 10-15 Mbps. I tested its speed test on the Australia server (VPN for Australia), and I recorded 194.37 Mbps download speed and 113.35 Mbps upload speed. The ping speed was 314ms on this server.
⇒ The Netherlands server was also got tested. On this server, the speed was a mixed bag. While my ping speed was reduced after using VyprVPN from 41ms to 26ms, the download speed was impressive as it increased instantly from 85.05Mbps to 496.33Mbps.
Its download speed on the France server is also astonishing. It spiked instantly from 75.18Mbps to 498.73Mbps. Here is a screenshot for a different time period:
It’s definitely one of the fastest VPN providers out there, so you’ll easily be able to stream HD videos and download any content you want.
VyprVPN is available across different devices, protocols, and applications as a network-neutral VPN provider. The VPN is compatible with the following:
Pricing and Plans
As I mentioned in the VyprVPN cons, its price is a bit steeper than some of the competition. While it’s not the most expensive VPN provider, it still comes with a steeper price tag, especially if you subscribe to their 1-month plan.
Luckily, you can often find discounts, and seeing how VyprVPN has many valuable features, it’s well worth the price.
Currently, you can get VyprVPN at the following price points:
- $12.95/mo for the 1-month plan
- $3.75/mo for the 1-year plan
- $2.50/mo for the 2-year plan
Whichever plan you choose, you will get an excellent 30-day money-back guarantee. If you aren’t satisfied with the service, you can easily cancel any time you want. If you still don’t want to take risks, I would advise some free VPNs offering free trials and more affordable plans.
Does VyprVPN Work with Netflix?
Netflix is notorious for cracking down on VPN users and restricting their access to the site. It poses no significant problems for VyprVPN.
Thanks to the Chameleon technology, VyprVPN can give you access to Netflix, although you’ll find that certain countries aren’t available. The VPN provider still has your back, as you can find information on their website on how to unblock geo-restricted sites. You can even contact their customer support if you still don’t have access to a particular site.
Is VyprVPN Good for Torrenting?
VyprVPN has no mention of torrenting on its website. However, P2P file sharing is possible. In the past, VyprVPN would suspend customer accounts if there were any copyright infringement claims.
However, since the VPN provider doesn’t monitor user activity and has a zero-log policy, this means that your privacy is protected, and you can use torrents without restrictions.
Does VyprVPN Work in China?
VyprVPN works in China. With its alternatives, you can conquer the Great Firewall of China and access needed content. All thanks to its 256-bit Chameleon protocol, which is capable of circumventing sites and services responsible for VPN blocking.
VyprVPN’s customer support doesn’t disappoint. You can contact them via their live chat or raise a support ticket. They’re highly responsive, and I received an answer from them within minutes.
Their website contains adequate content that can help answer almost any question you may have, and their FAQ section is beneficial. Overall, VyprVPN has excellent and responsive customer support, which was refreshing.
Is VyprVPN Any Good?
I would definitely recommend this VPN provider because VyprVPN has numerous helpful features, excellent privacy protection, a zero-log policy, Chameleon technology, and so much more.
It ticks all the boxes. It’s fast and reliable, unblocks geo-restricted sites, uses top-notch encryption protocols, and is bound to suit all your needs.
- How We Test VPN Performance
- VPN for Dummies: An Ultimate Beginner’s Guide
- Choose a Perfect No Lag VPN for You – Does Such Unicorn Exist Though?